Tuesday, July 17, 2012

RCC62 Color Me Happy

RCC62

Hello Crafty Friends!

It is time for another Ribbon Carousel Challenge and this week I get to do the challenging! You might have noticed that I love the the new Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock so it shouldn’t be too much of a surprise that I decided to pick a few of my favorite new colors and issue a color challenge!  The challenge is based on the below cardstock colors. However if you don’t have the new Bazzill cardstock feel free to play along with whatever cardstock you do have.

JulyColorCombo_DanielleLounds

The colors: Cotton Candy, Lollipop and Easter Grass.

RCCColor_CelebrateRetroGirl_4Pack_DanielleLounds

I decided to make a set of tags for my project today. I new of just the perfect image to use on them: the new Retro Girl 01 from Birdie Brown.  Torico draws the cutest images and I just had to have this one as soon as I saw her.  I think it is the pose – she looks so mischievous! ;)

RCCColor_CelebrateRetroGirl_Single_DanielleLounds

I printed our four copies of the image, sizing them to be about 2 1/2” tall.  Once printed I colored with Copic markers and then cut out.  I used a green Copic Spica pen to add glitter to her earrings and shoes.  I finished by adding freckles using a white gel pen.  Not really freckles… more like shiny spots since freckles aren’t usually white.

I used some of my favorite dual striped twill ribbon as an accent and finished the tag with some Green Apple Baker’s Twine.

RCCColor_CelebrateRetroGirl_Closeup_DanielleLounds

Now that you have checked out my project head over to the Ribbon Carousel Blog for more eye candy and all of the details on the challenge!  I’d love to see your take on my color challenge!

Recipe:
Stamps: Retro Girl 01 digital image (Birdie Brown).
Paper: Cotton Candy, Lollipop and Easter Grass (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Choice Snow White (TE), Hello Summer designer (Echo Park).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, white gel pen, Green Spica pen (Copic).
Accessories:  Pink Dual Striped Twill (May Arts), Green Apple Baker’s Twine (Divine Twine), Deco Edge Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), foam dimensional tape, pink rhinestones (Kaiser Craft), Tag, You’re It Die (MFT).

4 comments:

  1. These tags are THE CUTEST! She looks gorgeous with the pink dress. Thank you so much for using my digi for such cute creations.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love the juicy, summer colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous - I love these! I bought them just yesterday and can't wait to find the time to make something with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. another terrific set of tags !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)